Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pepsi Pot Roast?!

So, I got a slow cooker for Christmas (thank you, Ken and Alaina!) and a book of recipes (thank you, Alex and Ashley!), and I'm flipping through the book today, thinking, "Now, what should I cook for dinner?  Or possibly lunch tomorrow?"

Get this...

Pepsi Pot Roast


Mrs. D-- M------


Fairbank, IA


Makes 12 servings
(Ideal for slow-cooker size: 5- or 6-quart)


3-lb pot roast
2 103/4-oz. cans of fat-free, low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
2 16-oz. bottles diet cola

  1. Place meat in slow cooker.
  2. In large bowl mix together mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix, and cola. Pour over roast in cooker.
  3. Cover. Cook on high for 6 hours

Per Serving: 170 calories (60 calories from fat), 7g total fat (2g saturated, 0.5g trans), 70mg cholesterol, 430mg sodium, 4g total carbohydrate (0g fiber, 0g sugar), 23g protein, 0%DV vitamin A, 0%DV vitamin C, 2%DV calcium, 15%DV iron.

Appetizing?

Actually now that I've typed it all up, I'm all hungry...

1 comment:

Alaina said...

Yeah, I don't think I could bring myself to make that one.