Thursday, January 05, 2006

About my father

I'm sorry for making this a mass e-mail, but I most desparately need some prayers said.

My father has congestive heart failure. His heart's aortic valve was replaced several years and has seen a number of doctors who have prescribed medicines and exercises for his recovery. Unfortunately, he had rheumatic fever as a child, so his heart is much weaker now.

My father has been having health issues as of recently. Within the past couple years, he's been getting weaker and weaker, less able to move about, reduced energy, reliance on an oxygen machine. I was at home between December 21 and January 3. During this time, he went to the hospital because he was having a difficult time breathing, and he thought that he had a stroke. He was there for a day-and-a-half.

He went to see the doctor today. They called him in because they needed to do a follow-up check on him after he left the hospital. Results of the test were extremely poor. He was in desparate need of medical attention. He had two choices: he could go home and possibly die very soon, or go to a hospital where they might be able to help him. Needless to say, he went to the hospital. The doctors there say that he will have to stay in for at least a week. I have no idea how he is doing, but if things get too much worse, then I will be going to Texas again very soon.

If you have some extra time, and you can say some extra prayers, please pray for my father. His name is Eddie Alberto Smitha. He is 67. Please say some prayers for my mother as well, as you can imagine how she is taking this.

And, while you're at it, if you can pray for all of my family for their strength in the case of the passing of my father.

God bless you all.

Anthony Smitha

No comments: