Thursday, January 25, 2007

Titanic

Very interesting movie. I have to admit, it grabbed me. I'm not a huge fan of chick flicks, but this one was well worth seeing once.

You're probably asking, "Why would he even bother?" Simply put, because it was only one of the biggest blockbusters ever, winner of two Academy Awards, including Best Picture, and since I'm behind in watching movies anyway, why not?

I cannot recommend it for mixed company, simply because there are two scenes of nudity, whether implied or not. One is when the Rose (Kate Winslet) asks Jack (Leonardo DiCaprio) to draw her, and the other is when they ... uh, well, if you can't figure it out, good for you.

One thing that I really liked about the movie is the fact that it's based on a true story. Yes, it's an artist's conception of one, but that makes a movie so much more likeable, in my opinion. Overall, I'll rate it as a very good movie, and probably one of the best chick flicks out there.

It's up to you if you want to watch it. Like I said before, I can't recommend it for mixed audiences, but if you're going for completeness in your movie library (actual or seen), it can't be complete without it.

No comments: