Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Polar Express

Tom Hanks voices the role of a train conductor in a relatively charming kids flick. It's about a boy who is close to losing his faith in Santa Claus, but on the very night that he is questioning his belief for the last time, he is awakened by a midnight train to the North Pole. Of course, he boards it, and the story tells the methods used by everyone he comes into contact with to jog his belief.

Overall it's a pretty good movie. It was entertaining. I imagine that kids would especially get a kick out of it, as would Father F., the pastor of St. Andrew's Catholic Church. Like I said, it wasn't bad, but it's not my favorite.

1 comment:

J. Smith said...

I thought this was one pretty darn good - glad you liked it. I probably liked it more than you did, judging by your commentary, but it was definitely worth seeing (try to watch it closer to Christmas).