Monday, May 01, 2006

Yet another busy weekend

Friday, I flew back home. The trip back was uneventful. I had plenty of time in the DFW airport to continue reading the Hunchback of Notre Dame. I was at the beginning of book III (of X) when I first began in DFW. I was all the way up to book VII when the plane landed in Baltimore.

After landing, Nathan S. picked me up in the diesel 4x4 off-road truck. It's such a sweet redneck truck. It has the dual exhaust pipes sticking up out of the bed of the truck, the mud tires and the raised suspension. It's was quite a contrast to all the Lincolns, the minivans, and the city SUV's that were everywhere in BWI.

He drove me to his house, where Alex S. was waiting to take me to work. When we arrived at work, I put my luggage in my car, went inside and visited for a bit. After checking my e-mail, I went back to the apartment, unpacked stuff, packed other stuff for the weekend, and went to Front Royal.

On Saturday, bright and early after the morning Mass, I ordered two corsages. I heard that neither Emma nor Lizzie had been asked to formal -- a thing which I find quite curious, but anyway...

Choir practice went well, as usual. Now that Lent is over, we can't sing the awesome motets anymore, but Dr. P. is teaching the choir some new music. My problem is that the Regina Coeli that he's teaching them is a slightly different version than the one I learned. I have to watch the music very carefully, otherwise, I will just revert back into the other one...

Now, I heard through the grapevine that Alaina W. was coming down. Playing all sweet and innocent, I contacted some people to see if I could get any details, but I couldn't get much solid information. I finally ... um ... intuited where and when it was going to be, and I was right...

{insert evil grins and giggles}

{hops over the line}

Well, to make matters worse, I showed up there...

{gleefully frolics}

...with presents. I had gotten Alaina three nightgowns, and a massage kit. The first nightgown was a secondary nightgown. It was a stiny-silky-thing, green, two-pieces. It looked nice. That one was for just being comfortable.

The second one standard, green, cotton nightie, little things (maybe flowers?) all over it. It was a single piece, sleeveless. I also put a mud mask in there. That was for the night that she would be mad at Ken F. She could scare him away with all that...

The third one, oh, ho, ho!!! That one was a low-cut, much smaller, red nightgown, for the nights that she's not mad at Ken.

And the final present was a much more practical one: a massage oil and lotion kit. I guess it was fairly normal in comparison with the rest. Needless to say, I was the only male there. Also, needless to say, I didn't stick around long. Also, needless to say, some of the young ladies present turned the same color as Alaina's third present. :-D

I joined John E.'s picnic with Breanna H., Lizzie B., Emma F., Paul E., and Andy B. This was their formal dinner. It was very simple. We all just sat outside. Before dinner, we played cards and socialized. Dinner was chicken, devilled eggs, and other picnicky goodness. After dinner was an impromptu water gun fight. Fortunately, John had warned me beforehand that he had picked up a couple guns, so I went to K-Mart and picked up a couple as well.

One thing that I remembered from the last time I got into a water-gun fight, my hair holds water remarkably well. After I got squirted several times, I just ran after one of my opponents and shook my head at them. It was probably more effective than the water guns... :)

After all this, John, Breanna, Paul and I went to Augustine's and played cards for a little bit. After a couple games, we split up to get cleaned up and ready for formal. I brought my tux, so I looked spiffier than ever, but, of course, John looked better in his white tux. I guess I'm just not a tux person...

We got slightly lost on the way to formal. We were in the general vicinity, so it didn't take that long to get it all straightened out.

At formal, one of the freshman brougth in the wallflower. I gave chase. {puffs up in pride} It took four of them to slow me down. {exhales} Unfortunately, in the process, my gloves got some minor holes, so that's $5 out the window -- and no wallflower. Darn freshmen...

On Sunday, I sang in the choir, as usual, and then had brunch. I wanted to get a group together and play ultimate frisbee (or otherwise get some exercise), so when brunch came around, I asked a few people if they wanted to play. They said they would, so we planned for 3:30PM.

Since I had time to kill, I went to library, and continued reading Hunchback of Notre Dame. I read all of Book VII, and then it was almost time to go to the gym to meet up with everyone.

I went to the gym a bit early and worked out for a bit. I wanted to stretch and get some exercise before playing. I'd hate to start running without warming up. With my luck (and my advanced age -- old enough to be your -- yes, your -- Dad!), I'd probably pull something...

I hunted around for a frisbee, but I couldn't find any. We played soccer instead. Well, as well as you can play with five people.

At about 4:30, I went to the store and picked up some stuff for Carissa's birthday party, and then drove to the girls' house. We all contributed in some way to the party: Mike E. put the grill together, Alex S. and Sarah H. cooked the steaks, and I laid on my stomach and got a back massage. It felt pretty darn good. I'm usually the one giving them...

At about 7:00, I went to join a small dinner at Padre Pio with Lizzie, Emma, Kyle M., John, Sarah F., Laurel M., Michael C., Sylvia S., and another girl. I've heard her name many times, I've said it a few times, and I've even done stuff in groups before with her, and I can't remember her name. Darn memory... Anyway. It was a good time. I showed up just in time for dessert, but I needed to drive back home pretty soon, and dessert would not promote staying awake for the drive back, so I had to decline.

I went to the new coffee shop on campus. After figuring out how to work the door and how to open it, and looking like a complete idiot because it's the easiest thing in the world, I get a fruit smoothie and went back home. I finished unpacking before I went to bed...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you mean Brittany S.

Anthony Smitha said...

Yeah, her. Sorry, Brittany... {blushes}