Monday, November 07, 2005

Basilica?

For all those wondering, I received word from the Basilica today about employment there, and I'm sad to report that it was in the negative. I have mixed feelings about it, but it was the decision of all involved that another person was a better fit than I. Considering how I felt about the liturgical side of it, I'm very relieved to know that my principles will not have to be compromised. But the rest of the job? I would have loved to be a part of it. However, it is not in anyone's best interests to hire a guy who will, self-admittedly, do only half the job that they will ask of him.

I informed my current workplace of this new development, and we are working towards possibly hiring me on full time here. I am continuing my job search, just in case. Why would I do that? Because you never know...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Smitha! At least you still have a job at Telogical. And you won't cause an uproar trying to take time off for the next wedding (mine!)

Anthony Smitha said...

Well, actually, there's another wedding I'm singing at. It's the weekend of Thanksgiving.

Sorry, Alaina...

What can I say? I'm popular! ;) :P

Anthony Smitha said...

Thanks, Kelly. I appreciate it.

Draper John Warren said...

That is a shame Tony, sorry it didn't work out. At least though, you can still come out to C-dom for Sunday Mass occasionally. We could use the schola help.