About Me

My photo

What can I say about me that isn't already online???

Monday, November 06, 2006

Weekend stories

This weekend was fun. Saturday morning, I went and practiced with the Washington Capella Antiqua. I think I'm beginning to get these pieces. They are very difficult, but I think that the increased difficulty is only helping tone my music sense...

After that, I went to the gym for a while and did my body weight workout. I was surprised that I was able to do it all, because last weekend, I certainly didn't feel like it.

I went to Holy Transfiguration for Vespers and sang there again. I'm beginning to get the hang of Eastern Chant. It's fun, and it's not that hard, but I'm still learning it.

I then went to work for a couple hours. I promised Michael C. that I would be come to Christendom for Sylvia's birthday singing, so I left work at about 10:40 PM, making it there just after the "Happy Birthday" was sung. Fortunately, that means that it had just started.

Sunday morning, Mass was quite easy. There was a new piece by Dr. P., and it wasn't too hard, all things considered, but I'd never seen it before, and I needed to make sure that it sounded good, so I didn't sing that loud for it.

The Tridentine Latin Mass at St. John's was fine. It was a standard Mass for the schola: Missa de Angelis (Mass VIII), the Propers, and a couple hymns. Following this, the Select Chorus (Palestrina Choir?) had its practice, and then I went to go help Josh.

Josh was on the outskirts of town, providing rides for the ladies going to Leslie's bridal shower. The bridal shower was being held at Jen's house (the maid of honor), and she lives near the top of a mountain. Great view, but heck on brakes. Anyway, I arrived there shortly before the party let out, so Josh and I chatted for a while. We discussed some details regarding his bachelor party and the wedding, and then it was time to ascend the mountain. I followed him in the Sentra up the hill, and we ferried the first group down. We went back up for the second group, but they weren't quite ready to go, so Josh and I went inside for a few minutes.

The house, although small, was very nice and cozy. It was pretty sweet. :) I think the house style is called an A-Frame? I'm not sure...

Anyway, after that, I took Lizzie B. to dinner, and we just talked for a while. 'Twas fun. We went to the Griffin Tavern, and I realized that I had a new favorite place to eat. :)

After dropping her off, I went and chatted with Sarah H. and Jonathan D. for a while. I drove home, and got there about 10:30 PM.
Post a Comment