Monday, October 30, 2006

Medieval fest, and the rest of the weekend

Saturday came around, and Josh had asked me to help him move some furniture. I got there a bit late, and he and Ken had already begun. After we got as much out of the apartment as we could, Ken and Josh went to CostCo to get some pizza and drinks, so I stayed there and made sure no one stole the U-Haul. I worked on memorizing a script that I had gotten from Tremayne, so that when I went there the next day, we could just burn through the scene...

Ken and Josh got back, and we headed over to the new place, a new town home. Two minutes after I got there, I made the place dirty by wearing muddy boots inside. Way to go, Anthony. Pure genius, I know...

After unloading everything and chatting for a bit, I went to Christendom, because they had Medieval Fest over there. Within five minutes of my arrival, I was placed in the stocks, courtesy of a dollar from Dane. While in the stocks, little kids threw fruit and vegetables at me, and the ladies of the town laughed and placed flowers in my hair -- both groups knowing that neither of them could get away with it were I not in the stocks...

A moment of bragging: I was told that when the stocks owners were asked to put me in there, they decided to all come. Normally, they'd send two or three guys, but they sent the whole team of them this time. They surrounded me to prevent me from running away, picked me up off the ground, and carried me over to the stocks.

Later on, I heard that they were hoping people would fight them to get away. If I had known that, I would have put up more resistance...

Anyway, Medieval Fest was pretty well standard fare after that. I did get a chance to meet up with John E., whom I haven't seen in a little while. After that, I went back to Herndon to go to the gym, and then to Holy Transfiguration for Vespers.

The rest of the weekend played out like normal. Sunday was busy with choral stuff and that was really about it.

No comments: