Sunday, October 01, 2006

This weekend

Saturday, I started out slow. I worked late on Friday night until 02:30 AM, and I finally went to bed around 03:30 AM. I got up shortly after 10, and logged back in to work. After a couple hours, I called it a day, and went to the gym for about an hour and a half. After that, I came home, made a very large protein smoothie, showered and went to Holy Transfiguration for Vespers.

Mrs. C., the mother of Mrs. J. in TX, was at Holy Transfiguration. I talked to her for a little bit, then booked it to Front Royal for choir practice for Pat and Laura's wedding. The practice went fine, and I spent the night at Dane and Jonathan's house. Ryan came over a little later into the evening, and we chatted really late.

Today, I got up shortly after 8:00 AM, and went to choir practice. Thus, starting at about 8:45 AM, began a day of singing:
  • 8:45 AM: choir practice
  • 9:15 AM: schola practice
  • 10:00 AM: Mass at Christendom
  • 11:30 AM: schola practice for Tridentine Mass at St. John's
  • 12:30 PM: Tridentine Mass at St. John's
  • 2:30 PM: Select Choir Practice
  • 3:40 PM: outside the crypt with Jon, Draper, Lizzie, Emma, Josepha, and a couple other girls singing for fun (barbershop quartet -- it started with the girls singing "Pick-a-little, talk-a-little" from the Music Man, and Draper and I coming in with "Good Night, Ladies"
  • 4:00 PM: Vespers at Christendom


  • After that, Christendom had its annual Oktoberfest. I went for a while, but I was fairly tired. Call me a weenie, but about 7 hours of singing was quite enough for this old man...

    Plus, Oktoberfest = polka, and I can't dance polka well at all. I dance polka with the grace of Rosie O'Donnell skipping the buffet line...

    ANYway, I went back to the apartment, and I fired up some mindless comedy, Blue Collar Comedy Tour, Season 1, Volume 1. It's now almost midnight, and I'm ready to crash...

    No comments: