Saturday, October 21, 2006

Weekend days

This weekend is fairly slow. Christendom is not in session, as are my choral obligations. I'll probably go sing at Holy Transfiguration anyway. :)

Today, I worked out at the gym for about an hour-and-a-half. It was fun and felt really good. After leaving, I picked up a large (Venti) iced chai tea from Starbucks. I have a gift card there, so it was "free", of sorts.

When I was leaving the parking lot, a black woman driver stopped her car in the middle of the intersection as the light was turning yellow. She just stopped. She looked like she was looking for something. She looked right at me. My light turned green. She was still sitting there. She then blinked like a deer caught in headlights when the guy to the left of me went behind her and turned left. I was going to follow suit, but she put her car into reverse and looked backward. She then started reversing slowly. She looked at me, and saw that I was going to pull around her, so she stopped. I motioned for her to make up her mind and go. She gave me this look like, "How rude," but she reversed. Yet another example of a person who should resort to walking, because she's a road hazard.

I honestly think she was trying to get into an accident.

Well, this has been uncharitable of me, to say the least, but that whole situation really cheesed me off. By the time that she was out of the intersection, she had used up half the time of the light, which isn't very long anyway.

God bless the idiots of the world. They keep life interesting and you on your toes.

I went to work for a while, which is where I typed this up. It's now time to run away to Vespers at Holy Transfiguration, and then out to Ken and Alaina's house in Front Royal.

No comments: