Saturday, March 24, 2007

The weekend so far...

This morning, I woke up late, which I did not need to do this morning. I needed to be in Front Royal at 10:30 AM to leave, and I was going to make it, but only after booking it to Front Royal. However, I got a call from Paul, saying that they were leaving at 10:15, instead of 10:30, and I had to drive to Staunton, VA. I wasn't too terribly pleased with this new development, but, hey, such is life. I ended up stopping for gas, and then Jonathan passed me as I got back onto the highway, so I followed him all the way to the church.

Now, you're probably wondering, "Why is there a wedding in Lent?" I have no idea either. There had to be a dispensation involved, and, as I'm not privy to all information of the sorts, all I know is that there was a wedding, and it was today, the fourth Saturday of Lent...

Anyway, so the wedding was OK. Acoustically, the church did not seem to carry sound well at all. I guess we sounded OK, though. However, at the time, it felt like no matter how much sound I tried to produce, it was always muffled.

After the wedding, we went to lunch at a small diner in the town and had a late lunch or early dinner, depending upon how you want to look at it. After that, I went to Ken and Alaina's place.

I saw their baby for the first time, and he's pretty cute, and very peaceful. I was quite surprised that he didn't start crying immediately like most babies do when they see me...

After that, I went back to my apartment. I was going to go to the gym, but it was too late when I got back. I'll have to make a point to go there multiple mornings nest week. Anyway, I'm picking up David at the airport tonight, and he's waiting on his baggage. Hopefully, it'll come soon, because it's now midnight...

No comments: