Sunday, April 15, 2007

Bryan and Christina's wedding

I arrived in Front Royal about 12:45 PM, 15 minutes after when I meant to get there. The wedding was supposed to begin at 1:00 PM, so I was cutting it really close. However, it didn't actually begin until about 1:40 PM, so I actually had plenty of time. I was singing with Alaina and Kathy R. (formerly, Z.) for the wedding with Jacinta W. on the organ. I think it went over pretty well.

Rumor has it that Bryan and Christina missed the wedding rehearsal -- if that was the case, that would explain a few things, like why, at the presentation of the flowers to Our Lady, Christina went to Our Lady, but Bryan went to St. Joseph.

I booked it out of the church after Mass to get to the reception hall. As I passed the church, I saw the General Lee, which Mr. S. had rented for his son's wedding. It looked really sweet. I didn't see what happened, so I won't say for sure, but rumor has it that it didn't perform really well.

When I got to the reception hall, MikeE and Carissa helped me carry in all the equipment -- which I really appreciated, because otherwise I would have had to make multiple trips and it was raining outside, so if you guys are reading, Thank You!. We were some of the first people there. There was a CD going with some older swing. I fired up the computers, got them working with the sound system, and and began playing music
  • Otis Redding - Sitting On The Dock of A Bay (2:45)
  • Bing Crosby - True Love (3:03)
  • Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody (3:36)
  • Roger Williams - Autumn Leaves (3:03)
  • Simon & Garfunkel - Scarborough Fair/Canticle (3:10)
  • Turtles - So Happy Together (2:55)
  • Frankie Valli - You're Just Too Good To Be True (3:19)
  • Simon & Garfunkel - The Boxer (5:10)
  • Mamas & Papas - California Dreaming (2:41)
  • Eagles - Hotel California (6:31)
  • Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (5:56)
By this point, the bridal party was there, and I was to announce them. I had prepared clips from songs that they wanted to enter. In order, the bridal party and their entrance themes:
  • Geoffrey S. and Anna C. - Tim McGraw - Last Dollar (Fly Away) (3:33)
  • Grant C. and Olivia S. - Strawberry Shortcake - Cuppycake (0:42)
  • Jamie S. and Logan H. - Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water (2:41)
  • Alex S. and Beth T. - Frank Miller's 300 - Returns A King, composed by Tyler Bates (0:54)
  • Nate S. and Angela H. - Kenny Chesney - She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy (3:21)
  • Ben S. and Erin M.E. - Vanilla Ice - Ice, Ice Baby (4:18)
  • Robert T. and Holly K. - Carl Orff - Camina Burana Cantiones Profane: O Fortuna (2:34)
  • Alex K. and Melissa M. - Shakira - La Tortura (ft. Alejandro Sanz) (3:36)
  • The best man, Richard S. and the maid of honor, Jessica R. - Will Smith - Miami (2:24)
  • The groom, Bryan Thomas Anthony S. and his new bride Christina Maria S. - Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child o' Mine (5:56)
I let their entrance theme play all the way through, and then launched into the dinner music.
  • Lynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesday's Gone (7:29)
  • Metallica - Turn The Page (6:06)
  • Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride (4:28)
  • Dropkick Murphys - The Gang's All Here (2:06)
  • Hank Snow - I've Been Everywhere (2:47)
  • Johnny Cash - Ring Of Fire (2:37)
  • Alabama - Five O'clock 500 (3:38)
  • Montgomery Gentry - Speed (4:01)
  • Asleep At The Wheel - Hot Rod Lincoln (2:55)
  • John Denver - Country Roads (3:09)
  • Billy Dean - Thank God I'm A Country Boy (2:55)
  • John Michael Montgomery - Letters From Home (4:29)
  • Montgomery Gentry - I Ain't Got It All That Bad (f. Hank Williams, Jr.) (3:23)
The bride and her father's dance was to Es Mi Niña Bonita, and the bride and groom's first dance was Walt Disney's So This Is Love, from Cinderella. I followed that up with Walt Disney's Once Upon A Dream from Sleeping Beauty. At this point, DJ Insomniak from Miami took over and DJ'ed the rest of the dance, so in transition from me to him, I played Jennifer Lopez's If You Had My Love. Judging by the dancing, the people loved the music assortment -- DJ Insomniak played a lot of their requests and mixed in current Latino hits. It made for one heck of a party.

After the reception, I helped clean up, and then a few of us went to Ken and Alaina's house to sit around and talk. When I left there, it was close to midnight, and it was time to go to bed...

No comments: