Monday, July 10, 2006

Busy weekend

On Saturday, I went to WalMart, where I was a Tylenol rep for Team Tylenol. This was to promopte their new fast-acting gelcaps. This lasted from 10AM-4PM.

After that, I went to the McG's house and visited with the family for a while. It was Mary's birthday party that day, so I had another good reason to show up there. As usual, I overate. But, hey, that's what you get for visiting an awesome family who makes awesome food. :)

When I left there, I went to Front Royal, having been invited down to see everyone. They were all watching Serenity when I arrived there, so I finished up the movie. Not a bad flick, I guess. I left at almost midnight, and got back to the apartment at 1AM.

I went to Holy Transfiguration for Sabattino and Linda's baby's baptism, confirmation, and reception of First Communion. I was late for the baptism, but I caught the Liturgy. Otherwise, I think I would have been in trouble...

Today, I asked Romanos if I could join the choir. He said that would be fine, in spite of the schedule conflicts that I told him I would have.

I drove back to the apartment and changed clothes into something a bit more outdoorsy. After all, it's only appropriate to have a party after a Baptism, right, and Sabattino does throw one heck of a party.

Pat and I drove down to Front Royal. On the way to Sabattino's, I stopped by Regina Coeli to see Sam P. He wasn't around, so I said I'd swing by later. We helped Sabattino prepare and serve food to all the guests who were there -- and believe me, there were a lot of them! We spent the bulk of the time we were there grilling or doing whatever else we could do to help out. Overall, it was a great cookout and the food was also awesome.

On the way out, we again stopped at Christendom. This time, I caught Sam and a few of hte other counselors. After scandalizing them all with stories of gifts, I took my leave. On the way back to the apartment, I told Pat the stories in greater detail than I had told the guys. I wouldn't want them all to be scandalized forever...

No comments: