Monday, July 31, 2006

Not-as-busy weekend

Saturday was the last day of the Summer Institute, and Cardinal Arinze was saying the Mass. Dr. Poterack, Draper, Josh, and I were going to be singing there.

Practice was about an hour before Mass, and after practice, the Suspicious Cheese Lords showed up. This is an all-male acapella group who does (from my limited experience with them) entirely sacred polyphony. They are also really good.

That day was just an off day for them...

On Sunday, I went to Holy Transfiguration and sang with the choir there. There was nothing special going on that day, so I went home. On the way back, I decided to stop by Koon's Toyota and test drive two vehicles: the Toyota Prius, and Toyota FJ Cruiser. I test drove the FJ Cruiser first -- it was an amazing vehicle. It handled like a dream, on top of the fact that it felt like I owned the road. The Prius was also a very sweet little car: it had pickup that almost rivaled the FJ Cruiser, and a lot of space. Space is a huge issue for me (no pun intended)...

I learned something quite a while later. The Prius may be a really sweet little car, but Toyota reports that its batteries are not made to last over 100K miles (the batteries are warrantied for 80K miles). That just simply won't do. With this knowledge, of the two, I'd buy the FJ any day over the Prius. The FJ has more room (overall), plus it's not scheduled to die at 100K miles. The FJ's starting price is about $21K, whereas the Prius' starting price is about $20K. However, at the time that this post was begun, I did not know that little fact, and so I was really excited about both vehicles...

I went back to the apartment. Pat and Laura were there, so I told them of the test drives, all the while trying to control my excitement over the two vehicles. After they left, I fired up the watched She-Ra movie, and then continued with the He-Man episodes. That lasted me for a while...

1 comment:

Reepicheep said...

You are not allowed to buy a car that is going to die. I am sick of people's cars dying! Grrr.