Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Da Vinci Code

I have only one thing to say: what is the hype about? The movie was, quite honestly ridiculous. I can suspend a lot of disbelief, but not when my Faith is mocked.

Going into the film, I had heard rumors of blasphemy, especially on the part of Jesus and Mary Magdalene being married. But the film was simply ludicrous. Sadly, it was not a funny kind of movie. There were a couple moving scenes where I felt badly for a character, or relieved by a narrow escape, but that's all that I felt. I tried to enjoy the movie as a story, but I just couldn't.

All I could think of being in Tom Hank's (or any of the other actors or actresses) shoes and having to say such cheesy lines in front of a camera. I think that I would have read the script once and said, "I think not." Seriously. Tom Hanks is a brilliant actor -- why did he do this movie?

No comments: