Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Weekend activities...

On Saturday, I went to Baltimore to audition for a short film. It was an hour long drive (one-way) for a ten-minute long audition. I drove back to Herndon, and in the process, I exchanged a shirt at the Men's Wearhouse, then stopped at Best Buy to pick up a wire adapter and a mounting kit for my new tape deck. It took about an hour-and-a-half to install, mostly because I had never installed a car radio before, plus I'm not that great at stripping wires. The tape deck seemed too big, but it fit. I also replaced the front right parking light. The left side will require some bending to get it put back into shape. I also need a new bumper cover and grille. Neither one are too expensive -- it's just bending the car back into shape will require skill that I don't think I have...

That evening, I was going to go to Glen Echo, but I decided against it. It was $15 to get in, plus I needed to be up early on Sunday morning for Mass. I was not going to go down to Front Royal that evening, so I had to get up early the next morning. And I did. I actually went to bed at an almost decent hour and got up about 6:45 AM. (Hey, I'm a slow mover in the morning...) I made it to Christendom just before nine, catching almost all of choir practice.

After Mass, I went to brunch, and then to the practice for the Palestrina Choir, which until now I've always called "the select choir" because there wasn't really a name attached to it...

After this, I spent about 2went to the gym and played racquetball, wallyball, and basketball. Then I went to Dane and JD's for a little bit. After that, I went to the chapel and chanted with the guys for a while.

Dr. P. had an art song recital, which was excellent. I had to heckle him a little from the audience, but I tried to keep it down...

At brunch, Sarah Fr. and Beth Fe. had asked me if I knew Monty Python's Lumberjack Song. Sadly, I had forgotten most of the words. They asked me if I could re-learn it, be at birthday singing that night, and sing it. So, I found the lyrics on the internet and re-studied them. At birthday singing, I sang the part of the lumberjack and everyone else sang the part of the mounties. I think that the girls got a kick out of it...

I spent the night at Ken and Alaina's place, and on Monday, Ken and I drove in to work together. That night, TJ helped me learn how to swing dance. It was embarrassing at best for me. I inadvertently insulted my dance partner by indirectly calling her heavy. That was definitely embarrassing. Then there is my general clumsiness, poor balance, and my own remarkable method of getting in my own way. I felt a bit like a fool, needless to say...

Then Eric and Sarah showed up. I felt even more clumsy, because Eric is an exceptionally good dancer (implying by this statement that I was in a room of really good dancers -- if you take this to mean anything else, it's not what I mean).

After that, I hung out with Eric W. and Sarah H. After I left, Eric and I went to Fast Eddie's Billiards, had a drink, and just chatted for a while. The time being late, I went home to bed. Well, I actually tried to do some work, but I fell asleep in front of the computer...

No comments: