Sunday, March 19, 2006

Another busy weekend

This is getting ridiculous...

This weekend was the CD recording at Christendom. I knew the weekend would be busy, but wow...

Alaina came down on Thursday to see Ken and to be in the recording, so on Friday, she came into the office with Ken. I think she was scared of my side of the office, because I didn't see her much in there...

I left work early to rush back to the apartment, pack a few things, and then burn rubber to Front Royal to make it there in time for the 6:30 PM schola practice. I didn't get there until 7:00, but, hey, you do what you can.

Josh, Draper and Dr. P. were already practicing, but I was fairly confident in all of the pieces, so I just dealt with my lateness and sang everything else that I hadn't missed.

Bright and early, Saturday morning, we had another practice, which, in my opinion went rather well. But by the time that lunch time rolled around, my voice was in need of a break. I don't get to really sing all that often, so I'm losing a lot of the power, control, and range that I used to have. I need to find something to do to keep the ol' chords in shape than singing once a week...

Anyway, we had pizza and soda for lunch. I knew that those would not help my voice at all, so I refrained, and just waited for dinner instead.

The recording sessions in the afternoon went pretty well. There were a couple mess ups here and there, but that's what multiple takes are for. :) I hate to brag, but I think that that schola recording went over the best.

It's kind of funny: there was one chant that we split up for. Dr. Poterack and Draper have very similarly matched voices and Josh and I also emit complementary sounds. Thus, we split up like that. Dr. Poterack intoned a verse, and Draper came in to be the rest of the choir. On the alternating verse, where you would normally have the chanting sections split up between left and right, all four of us sang. The result that I was hearing from where I was singing sounded really cool. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how it actually turns out.

When the recording session ended, those of us who were left went to dinner at Dean's Steakhouse. It was fun -- we ate and chatted with each other, not mentioning singing a whole lot. After John E. had to take off, the rest of us stuck around for a little bit, but eventually the fun times ended...

Michael C. was going to spend the week at the apartment. He and I went to Holy Transfiguration for Mass. It's been too long since I've been there. I really miss that church at times...

After Mass, we just chilled for a while back at the apartment...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was trying not to distract the ever-diligent analysts too much. After all, you were supposed to get some work done that day, right?

Anonymous said...

Alaina, you know they don't really work...it's just a 9-5 frat party that they refer to as work.