Sunday, March 05, 2006

I'm sore...

Well, this weekend was a fairly busy one, and I'm rather sore.

To start things off, I got to Front Royal on Saturday morning for choir CD rehearsal. I was late, of course. I didn't mean to be, but my bed was so comfy, and my alarm was so ... not comfy...

Anyway, after that, I was going to go help Joel S. move, but he called and told me that he had enough people, so don't bother. "Are you sure?" "Yeah, man." OK, I had things to do anyway...

My Sentra was still broken (of course), so I decided that I was going to fix it. :) After all, I'm a natural -- my first-rate Father is a natural, and he taught me well. Mechanics must run in the family! Besides, I know how to replace brake pads, change oil, and replace headlights. I'm the man!!!

Well, I go to save my battery. As you may or may not know, there is a constant drain on my battery. The ignition switch doesn't lock in the off position. It just kinda sits in the not-quite-locked-so-I'll-be-annoying-and-beep-at-you position. There's one way to fix that. I'll just take my screwdriver and pop that switch back into place. That'll take care of it. :)

*CLICK*

Uh-oh...

I put the key into the ignition. It won't turn. Maybe I didn't put it in far enough. Nope, I did... The thing is completely locked. No ifs, ands, or buts. It's dead in the water. I have to replace the entire key / switch / ignition / cylinder thingy. Darn all my luck...

So, another $140 later, I am now the proud owner of a new thingy. It will be shipped to me sometime this week...

As long as I'm doing stuff, let's replace my shocks. They are in depsarate need of it anyway... $250 later, I'm the proud owner of four struts... Any my wallet is sore...

Am I sore yet? I'm getting there...

I had dinner with the girls later in the evening. Sarah, Carissa, and Christine extended their hospitality for me to come over and share in the wealth of a home-cooked meal. It was really good. :) While I was there, I played some music for them, in particular, Mitch Miller. I had so much fun with my dance interpretation to the music, and I think the girls enjoyed it.

On Sunday, after Mass, I attended brunch in the Commons and introduced the group I was sitting with to a song by Mitch Miller: the medley I've Got Sixpence/I've Been Workin' On The Railroad/That's Where My Money Goes. It was a lot of fun, for me anyway. I think that everyone liked it, until I sang the last part. The guys found it quite humorous, while a couple girls were shocked that I would sing that. Like I said, it was fun... :)

After this, I played soccer with a number of friends: John and Paul E., Breanna H., Lizzie B., Emma F., Michael C., Sylvia S., Emily G., and Jonathan D., for starters. We were soon joined by Francis, Tony, Therese, Mike P., and several others, bt I can't remember all their names... Jonathan and I played goalie in the same net (we were playing half-court because of softball practice). I played in the field for a bit, but I was really too out-of-shape for it, so I went back to goalie. It was fun, but I was sore after about an hour-and-a-half of this...

After this, Solemn Vespers were held in the Chapel before the Blessed Sacrament. They were very nice, and sung very well.

When this was over, I played Draper W. in a game of racquetball. In the first game, he squished me like a bug: 0-15. Second game: 1-15. Third game: 10-15. Fourth game: 3-15. Fifth game: 2-15. Sixth game: 1-15. Like a bug. I was now sore.

I went into town to get some food, and called home. I haven't called hom since Ash Wednesday. Things are going well. Dad is in good spirits, as is Mom. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong, except for the fact that I know that he's hooked up to an I.V. Please continue to pray for him, my family, and his recovery, but if it is not God's Will, please pray that we can all accept that. I, for one, will not be quite the same when that time will come...

I had a Spelunkers burger, onion rings, and a shake for dinner. Oh, I missed that place, and their great hamburgers. :)

I ended the day chatting with Emma. She recently discovered my weakness: blood and the internal workings of the body, so she was exploiting that. I guess I deserved it, coming to bug her at 9PM, especially after she went through all the trouble of fixing my tie...

Mike P. came back to the apartment with me. Half-way back, we stopped at the pad and picked up Ken F., who had driven Bill I.'s car back there (Bill had flown out of Dulles to purchase a new car, and asked us to move his car). We got back to the apartment about midnight, and I crashed soon after.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome day. Wait, in fact it was. Now if you can't guess who I am, I am going to be very, very put out....

Anthony Smitha said...

Well, let's think about the people who were there in both places:
Lizzie, Emma, Sylvia, Emily, Michael, and me. We were all present. Lizzie, Emma, Sylvia, and Emily most likely wouldn't leave a name like "emcee'nlikecrazy" on my blog.

Without considering this, if you broke the name down, it could leave two people.

Sylvia? Perhaps. Small chance.

Michael? MC? MC'ing like crazy?

I think we have a winner... ;)

Oh, and you're welcome for the pizza, Michael. I hope you didn't get raided for it on the bus.

I replied to your first comment, too, if you're wondering...