Friday, August 18, 2006

xXx: State of the Union

Not bad. Ice Cube played his role well, but he just wasn't xXx, the way that Vin Diesel was. It's a good thing, too, because it just wouldn't seem right, with them acting the same.

The stories are largely different. In the first, Vin Diesel goes undercover in a foreign country. In the second, Ice Cube goes ghetto on American soil.

One thing I'll say about both xXx movies: their vehicles are AWESOME. The one car in the first was an old muscle car. That theme carries over into the second, where Ford seems to be the primary manufacturer -- and I don't have a problem with that. There's a very sweet '67 GTO in the beginning, as well as a super high-rise F-350 (which I want, complete with everything, because we all know I'll drive it through buildings), as well as two Shelby's. Oh, wow.

That's about all I can say. The cars made the movie in this one.

No comments: