Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A heck of a weekend

Saturday, went to confession first thing in the morning -- I'd wanted to go that day, but I wasn't sure if I would make any of the other times. It's cool going first thing in the morning. It's like a shower for the soul...

I had choir practice at Christendom at ten -- I was a bit late, but that's to be expected. After choir practice, I worked on getting the Sentra up and running again. Ryan O. joined me, and he actually finished the job when I took off to go see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest with Jonathan D., Michael C. and B., Daniel C. and another freshman.

All I can say is that Ryan is the man for actually staying and working on it. He got the Acura that night, but we still have to do the paperwork on it. It's still officially mine, but he's got it...

The Sentra ran just fine. I was expecting it to creak and moan since it hadn't been run in about three months, but it started up fairly smoothly. The battery was dead, but that's also to be expected.

Sunday morning after I had choir practice and Mass, Jonathan drove me into town, where I purchased a new battery of the Sentra. That made a big difference in how quickly the car starts. It's pretty nice...

When I got back to the church, shortly before the select choir practice, I went into the Commons. Emily's parents were in town, and I happened to be the only bass present, so I got called over, and we did a little bit of singing around a table.

After that was the select choir practice. After that, I went to Old St. Mary's, and sang with the schola there for the 5 PM Solemn High Mass. Fr. Pope said the Mass just like he always does, and he gave a great sermon, even though I fell asleep in it. I know, I know, seems contradictory...

I stopped by the apartment, and then drove back to Front Royal. I took Lizzie to Ruby Tuesdays, and we chatted for a while. I spent the night in Front Royal and drove in to work with Ken on Monday morning. I needed to call Trevor's Run and get a parking pass for my car before I could park it at the apartments, so I called them towards the end of the day, and got them to put a pass on the outside of their door. That evening, when I rolled in, I grabbed the temporary tag and I put it in my car. It was nice knowing that I would wake up the next morning and my car would not have been towed overnight...

No comments: