Monday, September 11, 2006

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

My first reaction to Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest was: "Ooooooooo..." followed by comments on how it's such a great movie, and so much fun, as is usual for me.

The actors were awesome! As usual, Jack Sparrow was played by Johnny Depp, who is a great actor. Kiera Knightly is the smashing Elizabeth Swann, and Orlando Bloom is Will Turner. It was such a fun movie. I highly recommend it. It was done in a way that had me at the edge of my seat through the whole movie, and it ends on a note similar to Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. It sets you up in such a way that you really want to see the third one, just for the fun of it!

I highly recommend this movie to everyone, except really little kids. They might be terrified of Davy Jones and his crew, and if that doesn't scare them, the Kraken probably would...

Of course, none of it scared me, because I'm a great big strapping lad...

+ + +

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest,
Yo ho ho, and a bottle of rum!
Drink and the devil had done for the rest,
Yo ho ho, and a bottle of rum!

No comments: