Saturday, June 24, 2006

One late night...

...my uncle, Dad's immediate younger brother, called me up. I guess that it would actually be last night -- tonight, considering that I still haven't gone to bed yet...

After I found his hotel--which was a feat in and of itself--I went over to the bar, where he had been for some time. There we talked about Dad, about life, about religion, about him and his family, about me and my future, etc.

After the last call, we both walked outside. We got to talking very briefly about Dad. It's obvious that he loved him very much. Seeing a big man like him cry for his older brother almost brought me to tears. However, it simply wouldn't do that two men cry at the same time, so I had to withhold the tears. Maybe later...

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

Anthony, I'm praying very hard for you right now. If there is anything I can do, please don't hesitate to ask. Even if you just want to talk and vent. God bless.

Anonymous said...

Dear Anthony and also for Liz,
I am praying for your family. Mr. Smitha was a great dad. I think anyway! He taught me how to drive and I'll never forget his humming and whistling tunes while we drove around. I will pray for you and your family.

Julie

Kathryn said...

Smitha, I am praying for you and your family.

God Bless,
Kathryn
(a Christendom sophomore)

coiledrose said...

Prayers and thoughts are with you. God bless.

Kateri said...

Hi there--I hope you are doing alright. I'm thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers.

K