Friday, June 30, 2006

Star Wars IV: A New Hope

Mom and I watched this movie together. I still love it. It's just an awesome movie.

I saw this movie years ago. My Godfather set me up with it. I remember being apprehensive about it, because it was so close to Star Trek in name, but Picard, Riker, Data and Worf weren't there. Therefore, it wasn't as cool. That's what I thought when the movie began. When the movie ended, all I could think was that it was really cool, but I didn't get it.

Since then, I've seen it many times, and every time, I love it. It's such a fun movie... :)

I don't particularly care for Princess Leia in this movie. She gets better in the other two. Is that wrong, to dislike the heroine?

Then again, there were only two characters I liked in the movie: Han and Chewie. Vader was interesting, but he was too dark for my young mind. Old Ben was cool, but he needed more time on the camera. Luke? HA!

Now that I'm older, I still have most of the same reactions towards the characters, except I really like Vader. He's just too awesome.

  • "Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force."
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing."
  • "I've been waiting for you Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete; when I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master."
  • "Your powers are weak, old man."


  • Ahhhhh... {grins -- extends hand}

    I find your lack of faith disturbing...

    {looks like an idiot trying to use the force -- blushes}

    *ahem*

    {dusts off clothes -- looks around -- scampers away}

    HAN SHOT FIRST!