Tuesday, April 18, 2006

At home

Well, I flew home yeterday. I asked Alex S. to drive me to BWI. We got there at about 3:00PM. I got up to the desk in no time flat, and was booked in even less time. However, I got booked as an "Ingrid". I didn't notice this, up until I was stopped by security. That's the first time I've ever heard, "This isn't you". I made it back through the line in record time, and got rebooked as me. but as I was about to go through security, I missed something. The ticket was for an "Anthony Smith", not "Anthony Smitha." This always happens. The security guard let me through this time, though. Thank goodness.

Then came the nice LONG wait. I sat around until about 5:30 PM, waiting to board the plane, a Southwest Airlines jet.

From here, I called Elizabeth F. (my twin sister) and talked with her for a little bit. The plane finally boarded, and I drifted off to sleep. The plan landed in Chicago. I had an hour layover here. At this point, I called Kelly P. We chatted for a bit until it was time to board, and then I got onboard an ATA jet.

In DFW, I landed a few minutes early, and got my bags. Just minutes before I got my bags, Elizabeth drove up downstairs waiting for me to show up. It was about now that I found out that she is pregnant, about three months along. But she told me rather non-chalantly, just kind of rattling it off, like, "...blah, blah, blah, and, oh, yeah, I'm pregnant again, and, blah, blah, blah..." Well, since she told me non-chalantly, I had to return the emotion: "...Blah, blah, blah, and that's cool, congratulations, and blah, blah, blah..." To quote an old cartoon character, "Ain't I a stinker?"

We met up with met up with Kelly P. and Teresa McG. and had dinner at Taco Cabana. It was fun catching up with them, although I think that Liz was having more fun. She was laughing hysterically at basically everything.

After this, Liz took me home, and I went right to bed.

Sleeeeeeeeeeeeep......

No comments: