Sunday, April 02, 2006

Not-quite-so-busy weekend

This weekend was a lot slower. John E., Michael C. and I did some chanting immediately before choir practice on Saturday. At the very least, it helped my voice warm up for choir practice.

At work, we have a new contract in the works with one of our clients. I spent a decent amount of time working on getting the information that they wanted. It's going to take a while. I started on it on Friday, but I had so much to do on it that I e-mailed it to myself to handle over the weekend.

Emma and I went to the Mystery Dinner Theatre on Saturday. At 4PM, I went to the Commons and paid for the tickets, so that at 6PM, when the doors opened, we could just go right in. At 6PM, I expected a rush, but there was no one there. In any event, Emma and I were the first people inside, so we got seats right up front. After all, it would be bad form to miss anything, especially when we're trying to solve the mystery...

After the first act, the actors mingled with people for a while, just talking to them so that people could get an idea of their personalities. After the second act was the murder, and it was up to us to question the remaining people and figure out what happened.

Mom, you would really enjoy this. I'm sure you could have solved it. :)

We were the first people to turn in a solution, but we were, unfortunately, wrong. We chose the obvious person, who was pointed at by the evidence. We missed a couple things, though, that led us to not be able to solve the mystery accurately. However, the nice thing is that we guessed the second-to-last culprit, so we stayed in the running for a while...

On Sunday, we had the regular routine: choir practice, Mass, brunch and another choir practice. Palm Sunday is one week away, and we need to make sure that we have the choral Passion down pat...

I headed back to the apartment, and Alex and I went to dinner at an Indian cuisine place. It was really good! I was really impressed. I'll definitely be going there again...

In any event, I am developing some eeeeeeevil plans. I'll tell you later, once my plans come to fruition...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Indian food!!! Take me! :)

-Sylvia